Sunday 8 May 2011

Yet another Genealogy Blog – why?

Really all thanks to Alec Tritton for an inspiring session at the Society of Genealogists Centenary Conference on 7 May 2011.

So if this works and you like it - thanks to Alec.  If you don't, then any blame lies with the author.

More follows on the conference where I was fortunate to meet some great genealogists; Else Churchill, Mike Trenchard, Dr Bruce Durie, to name just a few.

Also had a good conversation with FindMyPast's Debra Chatfield about transcription errors and encouraging their report.  Lots of goodies enclosed in what must be the most capacious and well-appointed conference bag I have ever been given - and I've had a few!

I started my genealogical studies in the mid 1990's - about 25 years later than I ought as by that time both my mother and father were dead, as was my wife's father.  And of course so were all the grand-parents.  Heigh ho!



Here are the current main surnames in my research:-

Adams, Allam, Berkeley, Brace, Bridges, Goodfellow, Grimwood, Haisell, Holroyd, Hoyle, Hurrell, Lavis, Lucking, Naylor, Norris, Pearson, Randall, Rushford, Stewart, Stonham, Tasker, Williams, Watts, West, Wilkinson.

There is a web version on Genes Reunited.

No comments:

Post a Comment